MUSIC AND CREATIVE ARTS
The Foundation Diploma program trains student with the foundation of musical knowledge, technique and practical experience that would allow student to appreciate and progress into the creative and music industry level.
All lessons are core/compulsory classes, which include private lessons, Live Performance Workshops, Theory and Musicianship Skills training. Each semester, a Global Experience Workshop (GEX) shall be conducted by visiting artist/music producers/engineers, in the manner of masterclass, concerts and seminars to create an intensive real live simulated environment designed to encourage rapid development of the student to appreciate real life practical experience.
Foundation Diploma of Music & Creative Arts graduates will be equipped with industry standard performance skills, includes effective communication skills, presentation and live performance experience. Student will graduate with his/her own Electronic Press Kit (EPK).
The Foundation Diploma in Music & Creative Arts is designed to develop fundamental music learning for student who intends to take music as the choice of their career. Student will learn western classical music in the Foundation Diploma as a base to further progress into advanced learning in contemporary music at the Diploma level.
Full-Time: 12 months (Trimester)
Part-Time: 12 months (Trimester)
Mode of Delivery
Face to face on campus & online instructions
Monday to Friday
Teacher : Student Ratio
Instrumental training | 1:1
Group/Ensemble/Band | 1:25
Classroom | 1:25
Award/Title of Award
Foundation Diploma in Music & Creative Arts
- Age: Minimum 15;
- Academic: Minimum complete Junior Middle School/Grade 9/Singapore GCE N’Level;
- English competency: Pass in GCE N’Level English, IELTS 3 – 3.5, TOEFL 0 – 31; OR obtain at least 50% marks in Stanfort Academy English Language Placement Test
- Audition & interview to assess music competency, skills and artistic talent of the candidate;
- Any candidate who does not meet the minimum requirement is required to attend to placement test administered by the faculty for further assessment.
Audition & Interview
- For instrumentalists and vocalists: a 10-12 minute performance with two contrasting pieces from a different period or different composer;
- Sight-singing or sight-reading tests.
- For composers: the submission of a portfolio of works prior to the audition.
- Viva voce: prepare a statement of self-introduction
The Foundation Diploma comprises of a combination of multiple assessment methods depending on the design and nature of the course. Our programme emphasises a substantial amount of practical based elements that would require a combination of different assessment methods:
- Practical / Live Performance Exam
- Written Exam
- Written and Practical Assignments
- Workshop Assignments
- Project Assignments
- Examinations & Assignments: 60%
- Workshop Assignment: 20%
- Participation: 10%
- Ethics: 10%
- High Distinction (HD) – 90 Marks and Above
- Distinction (D) – 75 to 89
- Credit (C) – 60 to 74
- Pass (P) – 50 to 59
- Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE | 1month after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE | within 1 month after successful completion of all modules