ADVANCE DIPLOMA OF MUSIC & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The Diploma in Music & Performing Arts for Music Production is an advance study of Music and creative arts. Our programmes are designed by the team of highly experienced creative industry experts to simulate the REAL scenario of the real world. Students will expect to study a selection of modules created based on the four themes that are FAME, STAR, and LIVE.
Within these themes of specialisations, students expect to learn and practically apply their knowledge in an actual working environment simulated by the REAL Award-Winning Music Producers, Artists, Stage & Events Managers, Agents and etc. The capstone of these three themes shall be conducted by the industry experts via the Global Experience Workshop (GEX) on campus or option to learn at the various location where the real environment is.
Our programmes are conducted in a blended learning approach with a combination of classroom studies, online webinars, workshops, and take-home assignment and research work.
In the STAR Theme, our courses set the toughest and most exciting experience student can get from the integration of classroom and the simulation to a REAL working environment. Students learn to write, compose and produce hit music and songs and creating music in the recording room to live music environment.
The Diploma in Music Performance & Creative Arts is a programme for prospective music professionals. The courses in the Diploma programme is designed as a launchpad into the creative industry. The student is trained with skill compatible to the industry needs. Our courses emphasise REAL practical learning experience coached and delivered by our award-winning music producers, artists, musicians and educators.
Full-Time: 12 months (Trimester)
Part-Time: 12 months (Trimester)
Mode of Delivery
Face to face on campus & online instructions
Monday to Friday
Teacher : Student Ratio
Instrumental training | 1:1
Group/Ensemble/Band | 1:25
Classroom | 1:25
Award/Title of Award
Diploma in Music Production & Creative Arts
- Age: Minimum 16 years old
- Academic requirement: Foundation Diploma of Music & Creative Arts; Completed Grade 10 (international student, China, Indonesia, and equivalent); Local student completed and pass Singapore GCE O’ Level
- English competency: Local student pass minimum pass GCE O’ level; IELTS 4.0-4.5 or TOEFL 31 – 34; OR obtain at least 50% pass in Stanfort Academy English Proficiency Test
- Music requirement: Selection of student is by audition. Student who does not meet the minimum requirement for music may be required to study additional module at the foundation diploma.
Audition & Interview
- For instrumentalists and vocalists: a 10-12 minute performance with two contrasting pieces from a different period or different composer;
- Sight-singing or sight-reading tests.
- For composers: the submission of a portfolio of works prior to the audition.
- Viva voce: prepare a statement of self-introduction
The Foundation Diploma comprises of a combination of multiple assessment methods depending on the design and nature of the course. Our programme emphasises a substantial amount of practical based elements that would require a combination of different assessment methods:
- Practical / Live Performance Exam
- Written Exam
- Written and Practical Assignments
- Workshop Assignments
- Project Assignments
- Examinations & Assignments: 60%
- Workshop Assignment: 20%
- Participation: 10%
- Ethics: 10%
- High Distinction (HD) – 90 Marks and Above
- Distinction (D) – 75 to 89
- Credit (C) – 60 to 74
- Pass (P) – 50 to 59
- Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE | 1month after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE | within 1 month after successful completion of all modules