Victorian certificate of Education YEAR 11
- Comprehensive Subject Mastery
Gain an in-depth understanding of selected subjects, ensuring readiness for Year 12’s intensive curriculum.
- Advanced Critical Thinking
Develop the capacity to critically evaluate, analyze, and synthesize information, a vital skill for future academic pursuits.
- Effective Communication
Master the art of articulating thoughts, both in written form and verbal discourse, aligning with academic and real-world demands.
- Research Aptitude
Acquire essential research techniques, enabling them to source, appraise, and reference information effectively.
- Problem Solving Abilities
Address challenges methodically and innovatively, leveraging a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical application.
- Time Management & Study Skills
Learn to allocate time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and adopt effective study habits to optimize learning.
- Cultural Awareness
Cultivate a broader understanding of diverse global perspectives, particularly valuable given Singapore’s multicultural milieu.
- Ethical Consideration & Integrity
Understand and uphold the principles of academic honesty and ethical considerations across varied subjects.
- Collaborative Skills
Engage productively in group tasks and projects, appreciating the value of teamwork and diverse viewpoints.
- Career and Further Studies Orientation
Gain insights into potential academic pathways post-VCE, aligning studies with career aspirations and strengths.
|Method||Blended or E-learning|
|Assessment Methods||Coursework and Quizzes | Assignment | Exam (Practical and Paper-based)|
|Maximum Duration||12 months | No refund for failure to
- English/English as an Additional Language
- Mathematical Methods
- Chinese First Language
Mode of study
- On campus
- Minimum age: >15 years old
- Language: Pass entrance Language assessment test (achieve at least a minimum of CEFR A2)
- Completion of Grade 9 Lower/Junior Secondary School or equivalent
The Foundation Diploma comprises of a combination of multiple assessment methods depending on the design and nature of the course. Our programme emphasises a substantial amount of practical based elements that would require a combination of different assessment methods:
- Practical / Live Performance Exam
- Written Exam
- Written and Practical Assignments
- Workshop Assignments
- Project Assignments
- Examinations & Assignments: 60%
- Workshop Assignment: 20%
- Participation: 10%
- Ethics: 10%
- High Distinction (HD) – 90 Marks and Above
- Distinction (D) – 75 to 89
- Credit (C) – 60 to 74
- Pass (P) – 50 to 59
- Fail (F) – 49 Marks and below
EXPECTED EXAMINATION RESULTS RELEASE DATE | 1month after the examination
EXPECTED AWARD CONFERMENT DATE | within 1 month after successful completion of all modules